The Ayurvedic medical system has contributed to the total physical, mental and spiritual development of humanity for nearly 5,000 years. In Ayurveda, a lot of weight is given to combinations. Combination in this context means that many forms of herbs work together to promote health. Similar therapeutic qualities can be found in abundance in the remarkable health benefits of the allangium plant. It is also used in Ayurveda to activate vamana and virechana during panchakarma. What is Alangium? We explain it to you in this article today. What are its safety precautions, adverse effects and advantages?
Medicinal Properties of Alangium (Ankol)
Because all parts of the alangium, leaves, roots, fruit and bark, are used to treat various diseases, it is recognized as a particular herb. In India, it is widely available. In some regions of India, it is frequently known as Ankolam. The scientific term for ankol is alangio. Due to its pungent and astringent taste, all skin disorders, phlegm and blood problems are said to be cured by alangium in Ayurveda.
Precautions while taking Alangium (Ankol)
The use of Alangium (Ankol) requires that some things be handled with extreme caution. The following are considerations to keep in mind when taking Ankol:
- Never exceed the recommended dose. More medicine will not make your symptoms go away.
- Instead, the circumstance may be more serious, resulting in an overdose.
- If you miss a dose, you should take it right away to make sure you the medication will still work.
- Alangium should not be used by pregnant women or people with other disorders because it can have dangerous side effects.
Side Effects of Alangium (Ankol)
Along with the benefits of taking alangio, there are also drawbacks. Alangium is generally believed to be safe to consume. However, there are several drawbacks to eating it in larger amounts than recommended:
- Stomach ache
- Excessive consumption can interfere with sleep.
- suffering from nausea
- experience constipation
- loss of appetite
- Burning and unstable stomach
Benefits of Alangium (Ankol)
This herb can help with a variety of health problems and symptoms. When it comes to Alangium benefits, Ankol contains a variety of therapeutic properties, including:
- Alangium leaves include therapeutic compounds that can help reduce symptoms such as shortness of breath, nasal congestion, and asthma.
- The juice extracted from the leaves, fruits and twigs of Alangium contains anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, its ingestion relieves discomfort, edema and joint redness.
- Alangium has a variety of minerals, including potassium, which helps prevent diarrhea. It also prevents the body from becoming weak.
- It is such a robust plant that it promotes heart health and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels above normal.
- In addition, it is the treatment of choice for hemorrhoids. Finally, his vitamin C content it is believed to be beneficial for hemorrhoids.
- The patient can be treated using the leaves and fruits of Alangium, even in serious infections such as dengue. For example, when you have a high fever, apply heated leaves. Also, it is possible to treat dengue with dry ginger and powder of its roots.
- A neurological condition known as epilepsy causes a patient’s brain to stop working, usually temporarily. Alangium works for you in this scenario as a homemade and Ayurvedic recipe. The availability of tannin and steroids in its leaves.
Dr. Chanchal Sharma provided the data for this article; therefore, use it only after consulting a professional. Also, talk to a doctor to select the correct dosage and proper intake.
Total Wellness is now just a click away.