Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium, November 3, 2022, 7 a.m. CEST – BIOSENIC (Euronext Brussels and Paris: BIOS), the innovative company addressing unmet medical needs in the areas of innate immunity, inflammation and organ/function repair, today announces an increase in the total number of voting rights and shares as a result of the issuance of new shares after the conversion of convertible bonds (CB) and the shares issued to Medsenic shareholders on October 24, 2022. The following information is published in accordance with article 15 of the Belgian Law of May 2 2007 on the publication of significant holdings in issuers whose shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market.
|Total amount of share capital as of September 29, 2022||€5,500,091|
|Total number of shares with voting rights as of September 29, 2022||23,835,971|
|Total number of shares admitted to trading as of September 29, 2022||23,835,971|
|Total number of new shares issued between September 29, 2022 and October 31, 2022 after the conversion of convertible bonds||3,127,449|
|Total number of new shares issued to Medsenic shareholders on October 24, 2022||90,668,594 (1)|
|Total amount of share capital as of October 31, 2022||€33,100,669|
|Total number of shares with voting rights as of October 31, 2022||117,632,014|
|Total number of voting rights (denominator) as of October 31, 2022||117,632,014|
|Total number of shares admitted to trading as of October 31, 2022||26,963,420|
|Total number of granted warrants||1,197,554|
|Total number of convertible bonds outstanding||820|
|Total number of remaining CB commitments||60|
|Total number of shares with voting rights that can be issued after the exercise of the granted warrants and CB commitments, and the conversion of the convertible bonds||17,432,231 (two)|
- The new shares issued to Medsenic shareholders on October 24, 2022 are not yet listed.
- 1,197,554 shares could be issued if the 1,197,554 granted warrants were exercised.
- 285,714 shares could be issued should the 800 outstanding convertible bonds, issued in the private placement on May 6, 2020, be converted into shares based on the predetermined conversion price of EUR 7.00.
- 15,948,963 shares could be issued should the 60 underwritten CB commitments and the 20 outstanding convertible bonds of the ABO CB program signed on May 30, 2022 be exercised and converted into shares based on the conversion price of EUR 0.2508 (95% of volume-weighted value). -Average price of Bone Therapeutics shares as of October 31, 2022).
BioSenic is a leading biotechnology company that specializes in the development of clinical assets issued from: (Yo), the ALLOB allogeneic cell therapy platform and (ii) the Arsenic trioxide (ATO) platform. Key target indications for the platforms include graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), systemic sclerosis (SSc) and high-risk tibial fractures.
Following the merger in October 2022, BioSenic combines the strategic positioning and strengths of Medsenic and Bone Therapy. Fusion also allows biosenic to add to its innovative cell therapy platform and strong IP for tissue repair protection with an entirely new arsenal of various anti-inflammatory and anti-autoimmune formulations utilizing the immunomodulatory properties of ATO/OATO.
BioSenic is based in Louvain-la-new Science Park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. More information is available at http://www.biosenic.com.
On BioSenic technology platforms
BioSenic The technology is based on:
1) The allogeneic cell and gene therapy platform, developed by Bone Therapeutics with differentiated mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) of bone marrow origin that can be stored at the point of use in hospitals. Its current investigational drug, ALLOB, represents a unique, patented approach to organ repair and specifically bone regeneration, by converting undifferentiated stromal cells from healthy donors into bone-forming cells at the site of injury. These cells are produced through a proprietary BioSenic scalable manufacturing process. Following approval of the CTA by regulatory authorities in Europe, the company has begun patient recruitment for the phase IIb clinical trial of ALLOB in patients with difficult tibial fractures, using its optimized production process. ALLOB continues to be evaluated for other orthopedic indications, including spinal fusion, osteotomy, maxillofacial, and dental, and should be of value in new indications when cells will be further adapted or transformed with additional targeting properties.
two) arsenic trioxide (ATO) platform developed by Medsenic. The immunomodulatory properties of ATO have demonstrated a dual basic effect on cells of the immune system. The first effect is the increase of cellular oxidative stress in activated B cells, T cells or other cells of the innate/adaptive immune system to the point that they will enter a cell death program (apoptosis) and be eliminated. The second effect is the potent immunomodulatory properties of various proinflammatory cytokines involved in inflammatory or autoimmune cellular pathways. A direct application is its use in oncoimmunology to treat GVHD (graft versus host disease) in its established chronic stage. GvHD is one of the most common and clinically significant complications affecting long-term survival of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.hello-SCT). GvHD is primarily mediated by the transplanted immune system which can cause severe multi-organ damage. Medsenic had been successful in a phase II trial with its intravenous formulation, allowing the FDA and EMA to grant arsenic trioxide orphan drug designation status and is heading towards an international Phase III confirmation study, with a new IP-protected oral formulation (OATO).
Moderate to severe forms of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)° are another selected target, using the same oral formulation. ATO has shown good safety and significant clinical efficacy in various affected organs (skin, mucosa and gastrointestinal tract) in a phase IIa to study.
Systemic Sclerosis is also part of the clinical pipeline of BioSenic. Preclinical studies in relevant animal models are positive. This gives good reason to launch a Phase II clinical protocol for this serious disease that severely affects the skin, lungs, or vascularization, and with no current effective treatment.
For more information contact:
francois riegerPhD, Executive Director
Telephone: +33 (0)671 73 31 59
For inquiries from Belgian investors and media:
Telephone: +32 (0)488 40 44 77
International media inquiries:
Neil Hunter / Michelle Boxall
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8943 4685
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
For French media and investor inquiries:
NewCap Investor relations and financial communications
Pierre Laurent, Louis-Victor Delouvrier and Arthur Rouillé
Telephone: +33 (0)1 44 71 94 94
Certain statements, beliefs and opinions in this press release are forward-looking and reflect the Company’s or, as applicable, the Company’s directors’ current expectations and projections about future events. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and assumptions could adversely affect the results and financial effects of the plans and events described in this document. A multitude of factors, including, but not limited to, changes in demand, competition and technology, may cause actual events, performance or results to differ materially from any anticipated developments. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release regarding past trends or activities should not be taken as a representation that such trends or activities will continue in the future. As a result, the Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to publish any update or revision of any forward-looking statement in this press release as a result of any change in expectations or any change in events, conditions, assumptions or circumstances in which These are based on forward-looking statements. Neither the Company nor its advisers or representatives nor any of its subsidiaries nor the officers or employees of any such person warrant that the assumptions underlying any such forward-looking statements are free from error or accept any responsibility for the future accuracy of any forward-looking statements. statements contained in this press release or the actual occurrence of anticipated developments. You should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.