Abstract Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common joint disease and one of the leading causes of disability and pain among the elderly in the Western world. It is a slowly progressive joint disease characterized by the degradation of the articular (hyaline) cartilage that covers the bony proximities of the synovial joints.
New York, Oct. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “Osteoarthritis Market Size and Trend Report Including Epidemiology and Pipeline Analysis, Competitor Assessment, Unmet Needs, Strategies of clinical trials and prognosis, 2021 – 2031” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06358990/?utm_source=GNW
The exact cause of OA is not fully understood. Multiple risk factors have been associated with the disease, including age, joint trauma, altered biomechanics, obesity, and excessive loading.
The most affected sites are the weight-bearing bones, such as the knees, hips, spine, and feet, as well as the hands.
The osteoarthritis (OA) market is currently at an important business juncture. The OA market has largely been a pain market and as such is highly pervasive.
However, the market is expected to evolve significantly over the next 10 years as drugmakers improve current pain relievers through new mechanisms of action and move toward the development of osteoarthritis-modifying drugs (DMOADs).
– The biggest drivers of growth in the global OA market include the launch of eight new therapies in development during the forecast period and a steadily rising diagnosed prevalence in many countries of 7MM.
– Major barriers to growth in the OA market include overcrowding of the well-established and highly generic pain market, limited launch locations for new products in development, and slow growth in the opioid market.
– Among late-stage innovative products, three are disease-modifying drugs for osteoarthritis and five are novel analgesics, two of which use novel mechanisms of action.
– The most significant unmet needs in the OA market are the need for disease-modifying OA drugs and new analgesics with improved efficacy and safety.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
– What unsatisfied needs are limiting the treatment of OA in the 7MM?
– What strategies can the pharmaceutical industry employ to increase OA treatment rates? How should these strategies differ in different geographic markets?
– What effect will the launch of new DMOADs have on the OA market?
– What are the main R&D trends in the OA market and which companies are leading the way? Are there important differences in the mechanisms of action used by current versus late-stage clinical development?
– Overview of OA, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Top-line OA market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline sales in the forecast period.
– Key topics covered include current treatments and therapies in the pipeline, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting 7MM OA therapy sales.
– Project analysis: comprehensive data divided into different phases, new emerging trends in development and detailed analysis of drugs in late-stage process.
– Analysis of current and future market competition in the OA therapeutic market throughout the 7MM. Insightful review of the main drivers, restraints and challenges of the industry. Each trend is independently investigated to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
reasons to buy
The report will allow you to:
– Develop and design your licensing and licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the strongest pipelines.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global OA therapies market.
– Drive revenue by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global OA market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global OA therapies market from 2021-2031.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the greatest opportunities for consolidation, investment and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06358990/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need, instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001